Customize your Yellowstone travel guide based on your road trip or airport approach to the park. On the form above, select to receive trip information directly from vacation partners for the regions you will be vacationing in.
Grand Teton National Park to Yellowstone
Discover the beauty of Yellowstone's neighbor national park to the south, Grand Teton, and its neighboring town, Jackson.
- Bentwood Inn in Jackson Hole, Wyoming - Bentwood Inn is a four-season, award-winning luxury lodge nestled on 3.5 acres of Jackson Hole solitude featuring fireplaces, jetted tubs and full gourmet breakfast.
- Signal Mountain Lodge in Grand Teton National Park - Stay at the only resort located on the shores of Jackson Lake in Grand Teton National Park, with camping and boat rentals available.
Salt Lake City to West Yellowstone
One of the most direct routes to Yellowstone launches in Salt Lake City, with attractions all its own, and travels up the west side of the Teton Mountain Range. Stunning wildlife, ski towns and western culture dominate this tour.
- Diamondville/Kemmerer Area - Gateway to the Bridger and Teton National Forest, including Yellowstone. Unearth a fossil, visit the JC Penney Motherstore and camp in the Hamsfork Recreation Area.
- Pocatello, Idaho - Play outdoors in this Idaho gateway. See the Museum of Clean, the Idaho Museum of Natural History, or grizzlies up-close at the Pocatello Zoo.
- Southeastern Idaho - The 11 communities of Southeast Idaho have museums, an historic state park, hot springs, Bear Lake and fantastic wildlife-watching for the Yellowstone and Grand Teton vacationer.
- Eastern Idaho's Yellowstone Teton Territory - Eastern Idaho is full of adventure and great outdoor activities such as Yellowstone Bear World, fly-fishing, biking, rafting and camping.
- Flaming Gorge Country - Halfway between Yellowstone and Arches National Parks is an unspoiled playground of stunning natural features. Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area offers year-round adventure for families of all ages. Scenic trails. Superb boating. DIY rafting. Trophy fishing. Wow. Flaming Gorge is a ‘must see’ stop on your next western journey.
- Cache Valley, Northern Utah - Stay a day and explore Logan, Utah. Famous for outdoor beauty, hands-on heritage experiences, food tour and performing arts.
- Salt Lake City, Utah - Salt Lake is a combination of metropolitan city and quaint mountain town; the towering Wasatch Mountains embracing Salt Lake offer a dramatic backdrop to the vibrancy and activities of downtown.
- Park City, Utah - Discover the endless activities this charming mountain town has to offer including hiking and biking on over 400 miles of trails. After a day of adventure, explore the shops, galleries and restaurants on Historic Main Street and wind down with a local craft beer or whiskey.
- Dinosaurland - One of the West's biggest secrets is northeastern Utah, an easy day's drive south of Yellowstone National Park. Some call it Dinosaurland, and you'll find it offers adventure and sites not seen anywhere else in the world.
- West Yellowstone - Visit the west entrance and gateway community to Yellowstone National Park. Surrounded by three national forests, blue-ribbon trout streams, and beautiful mountain lakes, West Yellowstone features lodging, dining, shopping, and family-friendly activities year-round.
- Bear Lake Valley - Come to the "Caribbean of the Rockies" with an intense turquoise blue lake. Jet ski, go sailing, boating, fish, swim and play on our sandy beaches. Winter offers snowmobiling, ice fishing and snow skiing.
- Yellowstone Vacations - Stay in West Yellowstone, Mont., and you will be one step closer to enjoying the majestic scenery of the national park. The west entrance is the closest entrance to world famous Old Faithful geyser and Grand Prismatic Hot Spring.
Yellowstone to Glacier National Park
On the north side of Yellowstone, you'll find wildlife galore along the banks of scenic rivers. But there is culture here too. See a world-class art museum, hot springs, historic towns and high peaks under Montana's big sky on the way to Glacier National Park.
- Big Sky Resort - Just 18 miles from the border of the nation’s first national park, Big Sky Resort is the ultimate adventure basecamp to Yellowstone.
- Livingston, Montana - Historic original gateway city to Yellowstone National Park, where adventure, beautiful scenery and authentic friendly folk await you at the edge of the Yellowstone River.
- Butte, Montana - Butte is a hub of history and culture in the Northern Rockies. The city built on the "Richest Hill on Earth" is today a melting pot of friendly people, historic architecture, restaurants and outdoor activities.
- Montana’s Glacier Country - Home to iconic Glacier National Park, Western Montana’s Glacier Country is a region that needs to be explored. It’s time to discover your Montana moment.
- Great Falls, Montana - Resting on the high plains along Montana’s Rocky Mountain Front Range, Great Falls is located at the confluence of the Missouri and Sun Rivers, the ideal gateway for your Genuine Montana experience.
- Missoula, Montana - Situated halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, Missoula is an impeccable balance of ultimate adventure by day and unique, hip culture at night.
- Southwest Montana - Hemmed by the snow-crowned peaks of Glacier National Park to the north and the geological marvels of Yellowstone National Park to the south, this vast region holds the best of Montana.
- Big Sky Luxury Rentals - Raise the caliber of your lodging options with our beautiful 2-6 bedroom vacation rentals which come comfortably furnished for your every need, convenient to Yellowstone's West entrance.
- Visit Big Sky - The Big Sky area boasts incredible views, abundant wildlife, access to unlimited outdoor activities, shopping, and events.
- Sage Lodge - Located on the banks of the Yellowstone River just 35 minutes from Yellowstone National Park, Sage Lodge offers the ultimate Montana getaway.
- Visit Yellowstone Country - This unparalleled year-round vacation destination, made up of five Montana counties: Gallatin, Park, Sweet Grass, Stillwater and Carbon, offers recreation, lodging, dining, seasonal activities and cultural treasures.
Chicago to Rushmore to Yellowstone
Take your family on the All-American road trip starting in the Midwest and traveling through South Dakota's Badlands on through Wyoming's cowboy country to Yellowstone. Explore the Black Hills, Devils Tower and more en route.
- Drive the Safest and Easiest Route to Yellowstone - See hidden treasures on the way to Yellowstone via HWY US 16: The Cloud Peak Scenic Skyway, Ten Sleep Canyon, Petroglyphs, Ancient Mammoth Hunters and Museum.
- East Yellowstone - The Lodges of East Yellowstone offer some of the most beautiful views with the closest access to East Yellowstone. Enjoy cozy log cabins, fine cuisine, horseback riding and RV sites.
- Billings, Montana - Billings is the scenic home base for Yellowstone trips and a wild West destination in its own right. In the heart of southeast Montana, Billings is knows as "Montana's Trailhead."
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West - This Smithsonian-affiliated five-museum complex showcases the life of Buffalo Bill, natural history, Plains Indian culture, Western art and one of the world's largest collections of firearms.
- Southeast Montana - Visit epic battlefields, breathtaking canyons, museums, dinosaur dig sites and more en route from the Black Hills to Yellowstone National Park.
- Hot Springs, South Dakota - With easy access to the Black Hills’ greatest attractions, soothing natural warm water springs, distinct sandstone architecture and fantastic outdoor activities, you'll enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences that can't be found anywhere else in the Hills.
- Crazy Horse Memorial - Near Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota, another rock carving in process honors Crazy Horse, the legendary Lakota leader, and his people.
- Lewistown, Montana - From big game hunting to fishing, camping, biking, hiking and skiing, take advantage of the outdoor recreation opportunities in the beautiful Judith Basin.
Denver to Yellowstone
Start your trip to the park in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Then travel through Wyoming's southern cowboy towns and native nations before exploring Yellowstone's southern ranges.
- Wind River Country, Wyoming - Enjoy powwows, rodeos, hiking and camping among 53 mountain peaks before heading on the easiest, most scenic route to Yellowstone and the Tetons.
- Wind River Hotel & Casino, Wyoming - Wind River Hotel & Casino in Riverton is the largest and closest casino to Yellowstone Park, Grand Tetons, and Jackson Hole.
- Sweetwater County, Wyoming - Take a national park road trip & fill up on adventure, history and the cowboy spirit in Sweetwater County, Wyoming, the perfect stopping point to refuel and rediscover.
- Carbon County, Wyoming - Carbon County is a year-round destination for anyone who enjoys the great outdoors. We say, “Star count is more important than thread count."
- Cheyenne, Wyoming - Get a cowboy’s welcome at the place known for the world’s largest rodeo, Old West museums and huge painted boots scattered about town.
- Colorado State Parks & Wildlife - Colorado’s 42 state parks are places to have fun, get away and recreate in beautiful settings. Book your camping reservations or find activities across the state.
- Moffat County, Colorado - The 1.7 million acres of pristine, picturesque public lands, abundant wildlife, wild horses, and untamed rivers define Moffat Country.
- Platte County - Jump in the water and discover American history in these small Wyoming Pony Express towns.
- Casper, Wyoming - World-class fly-fishing is not the only game in town. From a rowdy ride on a pioneer wagon to a hike up Casper Mountain, you’ll be doing your own trailblazing.
- Laramie, Wyoming - Explore a colorful historic past and some of the region’s best scenery. Find unparalleled adventure within a short drive of the city or visit the historic downtown with great lodging, art culture, nightlife and unique shopping.
Tour Guides and Tour Apps
Don't miss a thing by following an expert - a literal "Yellowstone Travel Guide."
- GyPsy Guide - Get the driving app that’s like having a tour guide in your car. GyPSy Guide automatically plays interesting and entertaining commentary as you go.
- Wildland Trekking Guided Hiking Vacations - Go on an unforgettable hiking vacation. There's a tour that fits nearly anyone who loves to hike in world-renowned, breathtaking landscapes.